Sunday, May 18, 2008

i love my dad...

Four years ago today my fun, hugantic, cute, insanely smart and adorable dad went back home to hang out with Heavenly Father. :) I don't think "celebrate" is the word I use to describe what I do every year on this day. I LOVE celebrating my dad's birthday and on that day I always tell super fun stories about my dad to anyone that will listen and always eat something seriously chocolaty and very "Gary."But, May 18th is more like a day of reflection, tears, laughing and reminding myself of the many lessons learned from my dear old dad and I think above all this is the day where I can barley stand how grateful I am for eternal families. Families ARE forever and this gospel is amazing. I know that somewhere, right now my dad is doing something wonderful. I know he is so aware of me and looks out for me and I love that someone has my back "up there." I know my dad loves me STILL and I'm SO insanely unbelievably excited to see him again someday and run up to him and hug him and grab his big face and tell him I love him so much and hear "I love you too, Kellie bellie" back! Every time I hear a George Thorogood or Van Halen song, see a guy that is just a little bit too big for his airplane seat, or see a super rad black truck, I think of my dad and am reminded that I'm so blessed to have had such an amazing dad for 20 years and I am so grateful for everything he taught me. (like how to throw a baseball, drive a truck, and punch a boy) I LOVE YOU DAD!!!

6 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Wow Kellie... you're awesome. You have so much faith. I'm sure your dad is always looking out for your and at every exciting day of your life smiling with you. He looks like such a friendly guy and sounds like he was pretty great too.

Julie and Kyle said...

i love this post! you are a perfect mix between your mom and your dad. crazy. hope your day was great. i love the things you said about your dad, i feel like i know him.

Kristi said...

He is a great man, Kellie. I know you and I don't know each other that well - my relationship with your family has been mostly with your parents. Your dad was definitely a gentle giant! I see a lot of him in you.

Kemp Kuties said...

Awwe, Kellie, I love your dad too. He is a great man and you are a great woman and mom. I love you too.

Unknown said...

Hey baby. I love ya! I miss your dad too. Remember when he took us to your cabin? And he cracked my ankle for me? And we stayed up all night and talked about how to "poop" out a baby. Remember? Oh man some of the best times of my life!! I can't believe its been 4 years already. I totally agree and I am so happy to know that we are eternal families!!! Now its just up to us to make it to where he got to right!! Cuz you know he is chillin in the C.K. on a huge thrown!!!! Love you sista, and I wish I could give you a big hug right now:)

Drea said...

This is so sweet Kellie. I am so glad you have such fond memories of you Dad! I would love to hear your stories sometime!